Another excellent early spring weekend. Saturday was rainy but Sunday was great around here. Not quite as warm as it’s been, but I’m OK with that. After a week of highs in the 70s, it’s good to get back to feeling like spring again. I thought maybe we missed it and we jumped right to summer.
Yesterday, I was able to get a lot done—turning the soil in some raised beds, weeding, dividing and moving perennials—but I feel like the best work I got done was the imagining. Gardening puts me into a certain kind of mediation. I’m not always aware that it’s happening, and after a few minutes I’ll realize that I’m just leaning on my shovel, looking around, lost in thought. (My wife calls this Spacing Out.) These meditative garden space outs are simply a creative lateral drift that leaves me with good ideas.
Speaking of preparing the soil in spring, now is a good time to mention that this week, we’ll be giving away this cool little tiller/cultivator from Sun Joe:Tiller Joe TJ600E
This medium-sized, no-bend, lightweight electric tiller features a seven inch cultivating depth and four steel blade tines. TJ600E cultivates a 14 inch wide path in one pass thanks to a substantial 6.5 amp motor. Made for an average area, this two-handle tiller retails for $159.99.
One lucky winner will win this tiller from Sun Joe. A winner will be selected randomly on Monday April 2.
* No purchase necessary to enter or win.
* A purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
* You are not a winner yet.
* Void where prohibited.
* Must be over 18 to enter, and legal resident of 50 United States or DC and Canada (excluding residents of the Province of QUEBEC)
* Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. ET March 26, 2012 and ends 11:59 p.m. ET March 30, 2012 with the final drawing on April 3, 2012
* Entries must be received by 11:59 pm (ET) on March 30, 2012
* Click here for official rules.
* Sun Joe, 86 Executive Ave. Edison, NJ 08817 and Rodale Inc., 400 South 10th Street, Emmaus, PA 18048-0099 are the sponsors of this sweepstakes.